Formwork Direct is one of the UK’s largest suppliers of specialist formwork, falsework, and access products. We have a strong dedicated workforce that are committed to providing a high quality of service and expertise to our entire client base.
Our experienced Technical Design team pride themselves on the quality of support offered, therefore with the ever-increasing workload an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Temporary Works Designer to join our team and help maintain the same high standards given to date.
The successful candidate will be offered superb training opportunities, a supportive working environment, early responsibility, and a scope for progression.
Roles and responsibilities of the Senior temporary Works Designer will include:
- Design and develop formwork solutions for commercial and civil construction projects ensuring that all designs, details, and calculations are structurally sound and accurate.
- Project design work including budgeting, tendering, quoting, drawings, and project management.
- Work closely with the team, including close co-operation with the sales and operations department.
- Support the engineering team by providing appropriate advice, guidance and identifying training requirements.
- Ensure compliance with current British and European standards, H&S legislation, CDM regulations and Company specific health, safety and environmental policies and procedures.
To be considered for the role of Senior Design Engineer you will require:
- Extensive knowledge of AutoCAD 2D and 3D Software.
- HNC in civil or construction engineering (or equivalent).
- Experience in high level projects. With a minimum of 5 years as a designer.
- Excellent Client liaison and communication skills.
- Highly developed analytical skills and technical understanding.
- Ability to manage multiple projects while adhering to strict deadlines and budgets.
- Proficiency in Revit, Tekla, Solid works or similar design software etc.
- A sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes (or equivalent).
- Provable knowledge of industry processes and standards.
- Experience of managing a Design team would be advantageous.
If you have experience of designing falsework, formwork and associated temporary works solutions, are educated to a minimum HNC level in a civil or structural engineering, along with excellent customer service skills, the able to communicate effectively at all levels and ability to work as part of a team then we would like to hear from you. In return, your ability and effort will be suitably rewarded with a competitive salary and excellent range of benefits including inclusion into the Company pension scheme and career development opportunities.